Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust is recruiting for a Shipwright Instructor to join the team at IBTC Portsmouth. This is a great opportunity based at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. Discover more and apply now.
|Job Title||Shipwright Instructor|
|Employer||Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust|
|Hours||Full-time permanent 37.5 hours/week|
|Salary||£28,000 pa + benefits|
|Location||Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, UK|
About The Role
PNBPT are looking for an experienced Shipwright Instructor.
The post-holder will be expected to deliver training in boatbuilding and joinery skills to a wide range of Learners and contribute to ongoing Learner and course development.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record as a multi-disciplined Shipwright, experience of managing diverse groups of people and of teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
Strong teaching and communication skills are essential along with a proficiency in woodworking machinery and power tools.
The Shipwright Instructor’s main duties include:
- Delivering high quality shipwright training to Learners in line with course syllabus
- Assessing and recording Learner progress against training targets, creating tailored Learning Plans
- Managing deployment of Learners to maximise learning opportunity and productivity, under the direction of the Head of Teaching and the Director of Marine Operations
- Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, and that all necessary policies, working guidance, procedures and recording mechanisms are maintained and updated.
Further information is available in the role’s full Job Description.
- Proven track record as a multi-disciplined Shipwright
- Experience of managing diverse groups of people
- Experience of teaching in the Lifelong Learning sector
- Excellent teaching and communication skills
- Proficiency in woodworking machinery and power tools
- Good administrative and record keeping skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills particularly with respect to deadlines and scheduled works
- P.T.L.L.S qualification
- Qualification on woodworking machinery training
- Teaching experience in an informal learning environment
- Experience of working on a grant-funded project
- An interest in maritime heritage
Contract & Location of Work
This post will report to the Head of Teaching. It is a full-time permanent position at 37.5 hours per week.
The candidate will be based in Boathouse 4 at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK. The waters of the Solent and Isle of Wight are just on our doorstep.
Salary & Benefits
The salary offered is £28,000 per year.
PNBPT operates a contributory pension scheme, and employees qualify for life assurance and permanent health insurance on successful completion of 3 months’ probation. There is also an optional health screening scheme for employees aged 30 and over.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a covering letter & CV via the Apply Now button. This will take you to the SaltyJobs application form, and submits your application directly to the employer’s dashboard.
Interviews will take place at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, after the closing date of 20th April 2018. Please don’t delay in applying.
If you have questions about the vacancy or want to see a full job description, please contact us for advice before applying, or email the employer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “SaltyJobs: Shipwright Instructor” in the subject box.