Post A Job – FAQs
A Fresh Approach To Marine Recruitment
Reach our targeted audience of marine jobseekers. We connect you to enthusiastic, passionate individuals who want to work in your industry. Whether you are recruiting for professional yacht crew or an office-based sailing charity fundraiser, SaltyJobs will promote your job to a perfectly targeted audience.
Why Use SaltyJobs?
SaltyJobs was created by sailors, passionate about working in the marine industry, whether at sea or ashore. We are specifically not a recruitment agency, and more than just a jobs board: we are a community.
By inspiring people with our own content and features, and building personal relationships with marine employers, we match enthusiastic individuals with fantastic opportunities.
We’re digital natives, having grown up with the millennial generation. With a professional background in digital strategy, focusing on content & social media, we have a unique insight and know how to engage the people you’re looking for.
What Are The Employer Benefits?
- Reach a highly targeted UK audience looking for work in the marine industry
- Login to your employer dashboard to view & manage live applications
- Each job listing gets FREE paid promotion to Facebook users with tailored targeting
- Opportunities to reach out further to our engaged audience
- Digital & content is the future – SaltyJobs is
What Jobseeker Reach Does SaltyJobs Have?
Performance from recent job postings shows the fantastic reach SaltyJobs gives your job advertisement. By posting on our website and promoting to the SaltyJobs targeted Facebook audience, recent jobs have performed impressively, reaching over 15,000 targeted individuals per job.
And, of course, strong applications via the SaltyJobs website from candidates with relevant experience.
This is fantastic engagement from real people, passionate about working around the water, positively interacting with SaltyJobs. Our audience targeting is tailored specifically for every job (interested in yachting, sailing, working on boats, etc.), giving us a high quality reach and making every one of those numbers a potential perfect candidate.
Do You Have An Example Success Story?
Tall ship Lady of Avenel recently contacted us, needing to find delivery crew for a trip at short notice. They’d posted a role with us before, and wanted to know if we could help again.
We posted their opportunity and immediately had replies from strong candidates who came directly through SaltyJobs. A match made on the high seas. Read the story here.
What Is Your Pricing Structure?
We have simple up-front fees, and we don’t take any further commission. We don’t believe in a traditional recruitment agency business model.
Our fresh approach to marine recruitment is inspired by today’s digital generation. SaltyJobs uses engaging content & social media to tell stories, naturally connecting people & opportunities.
One Job Listing – £149
To post one job for a month. Includes:
- Featuring your job prominently around the website, on our social media and in the job search
- Includes basic paid promotion to our targeted SaltyJobs Facebook audience
- Live access to job applications via your own Dashboard login
Unlimited Job Listings – £349
Join SaltyJobs with an Employer Membership and get all of the above features plus:
- Post unlimited job listings
- Access our live jobseeker CV database
- Invitation to exclusive SaltyJobs events
How Does It Work?
- Get in touch and let us know you’re interested. We’ll set you up an account.
- Send us your job description(s) and photos we can use to promote the opportunity. We’ll put together your job posting, and create a graphic to use to promote it.
- The job is published live onto the SaltyJobs website, alongside promotion across our other channels. This includes email, Instagram, Facebook and reaching out to our wider network of partners.
- Interested candidates often get in touch with us directly to ask for more information/guidance about applying. Applications go directly through to the SaltyJobs website back-end. You can access all of your applications through the Employer Dashboard which we set up for you. Please make sure you remember to login and check your applications right up to the closing date. Some applicants prefer to apply directly, and may come through to you after seeing the job on SaltyJobs.
- It’s up to you to take your applications further. We pride ourselves on our one-to-one relationship not only with employers but with candidates as well, attracting quality over quantity, and expect our applicants’ positive jobseeking experience to continue throughout the rest of their application process. We’ll stay in touch with you throughout the process – keep us updated with how your recruitment is going too!
We are on-hand to help you at every step of this process. Success for us is success for you, so we really want to make sure we do our best to promote your opportunity.
How Do I Access The CV Database?
If you take out an Unlimited Employer membership, your package also gives you access to CVs from SaltyJobs candidates. These are current CVs from a diverse range of experienced and enthusiastic jobseekers looking for work across the marine industry.
Please note that at the moment (Jan 2018) we are migrating our user CVs. This means they can’t be accessed online yet, but let us know who you’re looking for and we can still search through them on your behalf.
Do You Offer A Charity Discount?
Yes! Our roots are in sail training and we know the value of maritime charities.
SaltyJobs offers a 20% discount to sailing/maritime charities, and members of ASTO (Association of Sail Training Organisations). Please get in touch and we can set this up for you.
We have a unique reach amongst the UK sail training audience, and traditional ship industry.
What About Creating Some Featured Content?
In addition to posting your jobs, we can create premium content including written features, photography and videos. This is where we really stand out, and can offer exceptional engagement and extra reach.
Not only will we promote this content via all of our channels (including email, social media and website) to our existing SaltyJobs audience, but we’ll use it to target the right jobseekers for your role.
You can also use the content we create for your own marketing and engagement purposes, and we can help you maximise its potential.
Get In Touch For More…
If you have more than one role to recruit for, contact us and we’ll be happy to put together a bespoke package for you. Multiple jobs available within the same company makes for a fantastic opportunity for us to create some highly engaging content.
Not only are we great value, but we want to go the extra mile, building a personal relationship with every employer. We’ll check over your listing before it goes live on the site, optimising what you’ve written and tailoring it for our jobseekers at no extra cost.
We’re always looking for new opportunities to develop relationships. Talk to us about further packages and promotion opportunities, including via targeted social media, email newsletter and sponsored site content.
Send us a message or give us a call on 01273 251751… if we don’t answer, we’re probably sailing and will get back to you.